(Click here for a PDF version)
My Pledge to You
- Happy-Pet will provide timely, reliable service.
- I will place honest, reliable, loving pet sitters in your home and will hold them accountable for the quality of service that is provided.
- To the best of my ability, the same pet sitter will provide service to you and your loved ones.
- I will remain accessible to you and committed to responding promptly.
- Service rates will continue to be offered at the best value throughout Annapolis and surrounding areas.
- I will work hard to provide the service that each of you expect and deserve, caring for your pets as if they were my own.
Updated Happy-Pet policies
(those which are new or different are highlighted)
As always, please contact me to discuss any aspect of service. Thank you for your continued support, trust, and willingness to allow the Happy-Pet staff and me the privilege of caring for your pets. I look forward to providing you with pet sitting and dog walking service for years to come.
- The 24-hour cancellation policy for daily visits remains; meaning that you may be charged if you do not cancel service 24 hours prior to the scheduled service. “Daily” clients may still contact me to cancel by 9:00am on the day of service to avoid being charged. Cancellations made after 9:00am will incur a $10.00 cancellation fee. If a Happy-Pet representative arrives at your home to find that scheduled service is not required, the full amount for the scheduled visit will be applied. As always, when in doubt we will provide service – best to provide a visit as opposed to missing a visit.
- Requests for service should be made with as much notice as possible. Requests for weekend service must be made by 3:00pm Friday afternoon. As always, I will attempt to accommodate every request that comes my way. I have limited staffing on weekends and do not necessarily have the flexibility to accommodate all requests.
- Requests for service MUST be made by sending an email to email@example.com or by phoning the Happy-Pet office at 410 280 2940. Written or verbal confirmation of your request must be received to guarantee service. You are encouraged to communicate with your pet sitter, but do not assume that requests made via that individual get to me. When in doubt, for last minute requests/cancellations, or emergencies, please phone my cell at 443 336 9614. More than a thousand Happy-Pet clients have my cell phone number, so please try to direct your requests in a timely manner to the office. When leaving a message on the office phone, you may press 2 on your keypad to skip the initial greeting. Additionally, please ensure you are leaving messages in mailbox #2 as this is the client mailbox which I check first.
- Please do not request, cancel, or make changes to service by Text Message, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn etc… Please limit your communication to email or phone calls to the office or cell phone.
- Service options regarding the time of day:
- The Standard Visit is available at all times.
- 15 Minutes of Freedom and the Short Hop are available from 10am – 6pm seven (7) days a week.
- Bark in the Park is available midday on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. (Special requests for weekend trips to the park may be accommodated with advanced notice.)
- The service “window” for visits / arrival times will continue to be 90 minutes or ideally 45 minutes before or after your ideal time request. Please remember that just about every daily client would like their dog to be walked at noon and this simply is not possible.
- Regarding excessive heat: walks may be shortened and/or the majority of a visit may be provided indoors if the heat index is above 95 degrees.
- Regarding snow and ice: if County, State, and Federal entities close for the day, assume that my ability to provide service is limited. Please phone the home office if service is needed. Cancellation fees will not affect clients that save us a trip in difficult conditions.
- Invoicing and payment: we will continue to leave a handwritten invoice on the last day of scheduled weekly service and would prefer to collect payment at the time of our next scheduled visit. The 5% cash discount option will remain BUT will now expire after 30 days. Clients that take advantage of this discount are requested to leave exact change. We will not collect payment if it is incorrect. As stated in the H-P Client Contract, unpaid balances after thirty (30) days will incur a $10.00 late fee and are subject to additional penalties.
- Tipping is always appreciated by the staff. Please provide tips in cash or write a separate check. Tips that are included within the sum of a written check to Happy-Pet are subject to payroll taxes.
- Regarding guests in your home human or animal, please notify Happy-Pet prior to service of guests that may be staying with you or anyone working in your home while you are away. Additionally, service cannot be provided for any animal that I have not met in advance.
- Regarding working with third parties, Happy-Pet cannot share the responsibility of caring for your pets and home with members of your family, friends, or other pet sitting companies.
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 280-2940 (office),
(443) 336-9614 (mobile)
Website content / images (with some exceptions) © 2001-2010 Happy-Pet LLC. All rights reserved